- Make your home looked “lived in” even when you’re not there!
- Have a trusted neighbor pick up your mail and newspapers.
- Arrange for someone to mow your lawn or shovel snow.
- Ask a neighbor to park a car in your driveway while you’re gone.
- Never advertise your absence by taping a note to your door or announcing it on your answering machine/voice mail.
Turn your telephone ringer down or off. This way a burglar is less likely to hear the ringing of unanswered calls and realize no one is home.
You can add to the security of your lighting system and cut your electric bill by installing a motion detector on outside lights. This will activate your lights when anyone comes within range of the unit’s motion sensor.
Scurich Insurance Services can get you and your home covered with Homeowners Insurance.
320 East Lake Avenue, PO Box 1170
Watsonville, CA 95077-1170
Toll Free: 1-800-320-3666