Now that you know what damage not cleaning your gutter can do to your home, we wanted to share some tips with you on cleaning that gutter out.
- Keep that ladder out and clean out all the debris that has been left in the gutter. One way to do that is to use a pressure washer. Keep that debris though, it could be used for mulch.
- Check all your spikes and make sure that the spikes are properly placed throughout the gutter. You may need to consider getting some new ones, if warranted.
- Use bead silicon sealing to close up any leaks your gutter may have. This sealant will be proven effective against rain, snow, and ice.
- Inspect all the rivets that need to go into your gutter also. It may be time to replace them. Any local hardware store will have the rivets and a rivet gun for you to purchase.
- Before using the pressure washer, make sure your gutter is securely fastened with all the new rivets and spikes.
- If your gutters are rusted out, you may want to consider replacing them with aluminum or vinyl gutters.
Now that your gutters are all taken care of, let’s move onto the next in our home improvement series, chimney repair.
Scurich Insurance Services can help you with all of your homeowners’ insurance needs. Give them a call today.
Content provided by Transformer Marketing.