12 months ago ·
by Shawna Kreis ·
I do a lot of reading. Here are some thoughts inspired by the latest round:
- No person who produces from the heart will go for naught. Career success requires both inner and external engineering.
- As the scope of your life becomes bigger, less will be under your control.
- “I will be happy….. when” is meaningless. Be happy now!
- Comfort is an illusion if sought from the outside. Do you want to be comfortable or awesome?
- To map your career path, ask “Where can I help the most people with the least amount of energy?”
- When overwhelmed by information, we lose clarity of thought, which comes in the spaces between information – yet another reason to meditate.
- Do you identify with your limitations – and let them define you?
- Have these “limitations” blocked you from career success?
- Personal peace is about our internal chemistry. All happiness, despair and other human experiences have a biochemical basis.
- Every person is an energy field functioning at different levels of capability.
- How loyal, how engaged, and awesome do you want your people to be?
- You can’t bullshit yourself into well being.
- Situations don’t make you – they expose you.
- Use time off to reward employees.
- Personality comes from the word persona, which in Greek drama meant a “mask.” Like a mask our personality is a construct – a story we tell ourselves about ourselves.
- All creativity is an imitation of nature.
- Conduct scavenger hunts, field trips, lunch-and -learns, suggestion meetings, crossword puzzles, jeopardy games, volunteer projects, blood donations, fun clubs, etc.
- If people feel good, they will______________
- Over-committed heroes end up becoming martyrs. Avoid this behavior pattern!
- Can you be peaceful where you are or must you go someplace to feel that way?
- HR’s focus on the negative does a disservice to human well being.
- Work doesn’t cause stress; your reaction to it does.
- Have a plan for where you and your business will evolve.