Here are some great tips to keep you safe on your tractor.
- Don’t leave the driver’s seat or cab until you have turned off the engine and made sure the tractor has come to a complete stop. Then take the key with you.
- Always be on the lookout for nearby workers on the ground.
- Don’t carry passengers or extra riders.
- Don’t operate too close to ditches or creeks.
- Slow down when operating in fields that contain holes or other hazards resulting in uneven terrain.
- Make sure tractors are equipped with ROPS and that seat belts are worn when the ROPS is in the upright and locked position.
- Only hitch to the drawbar or to other hitch points specified by the manufacturer.
- Make sure all loads are secure, balanced, and not too heavy for your tractor to handle.
- Check your lighting, brakes, and the condition of your slow-moving vehicle emblem (SMV) before operating on a roadway.
Scurich Insurance can get you covered with Workers Compensation in the event of tractor accident or injury. Please visit us at http://www.scurichinsurance.com