Seven principles lay the foundation for effective wellness. The principles are think, breathe, drink, eat, sleep, exercise, detox and environmental. Within these principles are the keys to a well-balanced wellness program. Here are just ten tips to get you started.
- Pay attention to your thoughts. It’s real easy to get caught up in the negativity with this world today. Don’t let that happen to you. Stay positive. Positive thoughts include gratitude, forgiveness, courage, happiness and there’s so much more I haven’t even touched on.
- Learn to breathe. Breathing exercises have been proven to reduce stress, lower blood pressure, heart rate, circulation, digestion and many more!
- Drink lots of water. Water helps maintain the body’s fluid levels, helps control calories, energizes muscles, water helps your skin maintain a good look and many more! Water is essential to your overall healthy lifestyle.
- Get in touch with your spiritual side. Pray, meditate, and go for a walk in the labyrinth.
- Eat organically. Fresh fruit, vegetables, little starch and carbohydrates. Blueberries, beans, broccoli, oats, oranges, salmon, pumpkin, soy, spinach, tomatoes, turkey, walnuts, tea (green and black) and yogurt are just a few of the super foods. Olive oil is another favorite of mine. I use it exclusively for everything.
- Get plenty of sleep. Sleep helps improve your memory, sleep can help you live longer, spurs creativity, sharpens attention span and helps you maintain a healthy weight.
- Get out and move. Yoga is great for stretching the tired muscles, going for a brisk walk benefits your heart, running helps your relieve stress and even can eliminate depression, do a high impact cardio workout. Twenty minutes a day three days a week and you’ll be seeing a change in yourself.
- Get rid of all the junk. Throw out the processed macaroni and chesses boxes, pass by McDonald’s and see how differently your body will react. It’s a known fact that the fast and processed foods that we eat everyday drag us down. Get rid of it and feel more energized.
- Get away from it all. Go up the mountains and surround yourself with peace or go to the beach and soak up the sun. The concrete jungle is not going to cut it. Make a monthly effort to get away from it, even if it’s for a nice long day hike.
- Have fun. Anything and everything that you do, make sure that you have fun doing it.
Content provided by Transformer Marketing.