Summertime is synonymous with backyard barbecues and cooling cocktails. Barbecue ribs, sausages, chicken, steaks, burgers, and hot dogs are permanent fixtures on the menu. Just because it’s summer, doesn’t mean that you have to pig out on unhealthy food. In fact, it’s a perfect time to try out some new recipes for the barbecue.
- Make your own homemade popsicles with 100% fruit juice and an ice tray.
- Jazz up your salad. Instead of the same ol’ same ol’, throw in some different greens, add some spice, nuts, and fish. Fresh salmon is a huge hit with a lot of recipes.
- Use more fresh oils. Some favorites are olive oil, grapeseed oil, walnut oil, peanut oils, and sesame oils.
- Drinks lots of H2o.
- Find the season’s best fresh fruit and enjoy. The fruit is also a healthy dessert.
- Cucumbers are versatile. Cucumbers are delicious in salads (think-cucumber and tomato salad) or as appetizers (think-sliced cucumbers with Greek dressing and Feta cheese).
- Grill those vegetables. Vegetables such as bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, asparagus, zucchini are great for grilling.
- Make your own fruit juice.
- Forget the ice cream, get the frozen yogurt. Mixed it up and add more than one flavor.
- Add more fish to your grill.
This summer spice up your grill, menu and health!
Content provided by Transformer Marketing.