- Never permit smoking in barns or near any flammable materials.
- Never refuel engines inside a building or while the engine is hot or running.
- Fuel should never be stored inside a building.
- Equip farm buildings with a smoke detector and a fire extinguisher.
- Make sure that all hay is properly dried before putting it in the barn.
- All electrical installations, wiring, etc. should be inspected and approved.
- Crop dryers should be equipped with controls that will automatically shut off blowers.
- Pesticides should be stored in a separate building and clearly identified.
- Maintain heating systems.
- Have your local fire department check your operation regularly.
320 East Lake Avenue, PO Box 1170
Watsonville, CA 95077-1170
Toll Free: 1-800-320-3666