Mother’s Day Run/Walk for PV Shelter
31st Annual Mother’s Day Run for Shelter
Pajaro Valley Shelter Services Benefit Fundraiser
Where: Ramsay Park, 1301 Main Street, Watsonville
When: Sunday May 10, 2015
First race starts at 7:45 am – see race times below
Online Race Registration: http://tinyurl.com/oepnnoh
Or call: 831 728-5649 x107
Registration: Race day registration and bib pick-up starts at 7:00 AM, Sunday, May 10th 2015. Course closes at 10:15. Bibs are not transferable. Registration fees are non-transferable & non-refundable. For online registration go to Fees: Registration Form required for EACH participant.
- 10K Run & 5K Run/Walk – $35 for individuals (1 T-shirt) Registrations after Thursday, May 7, 2014: $45
- 10K Run & 5K Run/Walk – $115 per family of four, max. 2 adults Registrations after Thursday, May 7, 2015: $125
- 1K Kid’s Fun Run – $10 per child under 12 (no T-shirt) With T-shirt: $20 Registrations after Thursday, May 7, 2015 add $5
- 1K Kid’s Fun Run @ 7:45am
- 5K Walk @ 8:00am
- 5K Run @ 8:00am
- 10K Run @ 8:45am
COURSE CLOSES AT 10:00 am
- Course: The course is certified: computerized time results will be announced & on the web site
- All runs and walks start and end at Ramsay Park. Run and walk courses are different this year. Course maps available at www.pvshelter.org
- Features: Event T-shirt included in the fee (except Kid’s Fun Run); T-SHIRTS AVAILABLE FOR FIRST 600 RUNNERS WHO REGISTER; Roses for the moms; Goody bags with goodies; Refreshments and water; music
- Awards: 10K Run & 5K Run/Walk – Medals for 1st, 2nd, 3rd places, male/female per 5-year age division; plus gift certs for the overall male and female place first placers in 10K and 5K.
- 1K Kid’s Fun Run – all youth receive accomplishment medals, 3-year age divisions. Kids’ Awards 8:30-8:45.
Want to contribute to PVSS- BECOME A SPONSOR!
Entering its the 31ST consecutive year, the Mother’s Day Run for Shelter will bring nearly 600 participants and 100 businesses, plus crowds of spectators together to raise a goal of $100,000 in support of services to homeless families in our community. Sponsors have the ability to market to almost 800 enthusiastic runners and supporters.
“The Mother’s Day Run is one of the most prominent events in Watsonville!”
SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AND BENEFITS
- Sponsoring the race provides your business with the wonderful opportunity to reach new customers and build a brand that promotes healthy living, outdoor fun and care for the community.
- Increase visibility and brand awareness through Mother’s Day Run for Shelter promotions.
- Employees will feel good about your company.
- Your business will further connect with community.
- It’s tax deductible!
LAST YEAR’S RACE NUMBERS
- 540 registered runners plus a huge crowd of supporters cheering them on!
- 84 sponsors had their information shared with our community.
- Sponsors included Graniterock, Bay Federal Credit Union, S. Martinelli & Company and Union Bank
- Some racers travelled from 11 countries and 6 states
- The race raised $64,700 to support Pajaro Valley Shelter Services’ mission to end homelessness in our community.
Pajaro Valley Shelter Services presents the 31st Annual Mother’s Day Run/Walk for Shelter on Sunday, May 10th at Ramsay Park in Watsonville and will include a 10K Run, 5K Run/Walk and a 1K Kids’ Fun Run. Goodies include t-shirts, roses for mothers, medals for winners, continental breakfast and a live DJ. This year, families with strollers will be allowed in the event. For 31 years, the community of Watsonville has supported PV Shelter’s Mother’s Day Run to ensure the continuation of services for homeless families. The first race was held in 1984 and raised $8,000. with a small crowd in attendance. This year we expect over 600 people to help raise $100,000!
This well-loved event can be enjoyed by attendees of all ages and skill levelS, from the competitive runners to the weekend joggers to families who want to walk together. Starting and ending in Ramsay Park, the race route is a beautiful trek around Watsonville’s slough trails. Start your Mother’s Day off by joining the community in supporting the end of homelessness for mothers, their children and families in South County. The first race starts at 7:45 and the entire event ends at 10:00 am just in time to enjoy the rest of Mother’s Day.
“The Mother’s Day Run has become a tradition. For many, there are three generations who do the run/walk together, and then go to brunch afterwards. It’s a great family tradition –to help end homelessness on Mother’s Day.” PVSS Executive Director, Kimberly Ferm
PV Shelter has the recipe for successfully changing the lives of families experiencing homelessness, by giving them the tools to help themselves. The Mother’s Day Run for Shelter is PV Shelter’s biggest fundraising event. The Race/Walk is an opportunity for the community to partner with PV Shelter to raise funds, so we can continue our mission of promoting self-sufficiency and changing the lives of families experiencing homelessness.
About Pajaro Valley Shelter Services: About Pajaro Valley Shelter Services:
Since 1983, Pajaro Valley Shelter Services has helped women, children, and families end the causes and cycles of homelessness. PVSS currently serves and helps house 80 families annually, while they complete a program to overcome financial barriers, and develop goals, skills and attitudes necessary to move on to stable housing and improved personal and economic self-sufficiency. Serving Santa Cruz County and focusing on Watsonville and Pajaro Valley, PVSS owns and operates an Emergency Shelter (for women and children), a Shelter Annex (for families with males over the age of twelve), thirteen units of Transitional Housing, and four units of Long-Term Supportive Housing. Participants learn how to manage money, obtain employment, housing, care for themselves and their children, and more.
Not found any comments yet.