When you think of insurance, the typical ones come up. Auto insurance, health insurance, homeowners insurance and business insurance. Some people may have even heard of umbrella insurance, flood insurance, farm insurance and so on.
But we want to share with you about some of the more uncommon types of insurance that are out there.
- Cold Feet Insurance. That’s right. If your spouse-to-be happens to get cold feet right before the big day, reimbursement could be in order. However, there are some conditions: The change of heart has to happen a full year before the wedding and the reimbursement will be sent to a third party (such as parents).
- Fantasy Football Insurance. Football lovers all over are excited about this one! FantasyPlayerProtect.com allows fantasy players to insure their teammates.
- Multiple Birth Insurance. Oh boy, a bundle of joy is coming your way! And then you find out you’re having 3 bundles of joy! The insurance will pay out a lump sum to parents who were expecting 1 bundle of joy. The condition is that you did not use a fertility treatment.
- Divorce Insurance. Splitting up assets and debts and adding legal expenses to the mix, divorce can get costly. Divorce insurance will help with a payout in case of divorce.
- Chicken Insurance. Yes, you heard me correct. Pet insurance has been popular for all of the dog and cat lovers for years, but now some insurance companies have included the not-so-common pets such as chickens and mice.
- Kidnapping Insurance. For companies who have overseas employees to people who travel to third world countries, kidnapping insurance is there to help cover the costs associated with kidnapping, including negotiators fees, travel expenses and the ransom itself.
- Drunk Guest Insurance. For everyone who loves to entertain at your home, this one’s for you! The formal name is social host liquor liability coverage and this will provide coverage for an intoxicated guest who destroys property or harms another person. Most homeowners insurance policies have something like this in the policy.
- Infertility Insurance. You really want to have a baby and in-vitro is a viable option. The costs of fertility treatments can be excessive. Infertility Insurance will help you out with your dream, but only if you live in one of the fifteen states that offer this special insurance.
- Golf Insurance. This kind of insurance is popular throughout Asia and Europe.
- Bedbug Insurance. Typical homeowners and renters insurance won’t cover the costs associated with a bedbug infestation, which can add up to the $1,000s. Most bedbug infestations occur during travel, so when you sign up for travel insurance, make sure you have a bedbug rider.