In an earlier article, we discussed tips to get your home ready for the fall season. These tips are important, so there could be no potential denial of coverage should you need to file a claim.
In this article, we want you to know what happens when you don’t clean out your gutter and the potential damage it could cause.
- Leaking gutters. On the extreme side leaky gutters can also cause leaky roofs, mold, and it can rot away at the surroundings.
- Leaky roofs. If your gutter is filled with debris, any rain, snow, or ice, won’t be able to go anywhere, causing a leaky (and expensive repair) roof.
- Basement leaks. Gutters usually end up at the foundation of the house. If there is any damage to the run off, then the water can wind up in your basement.
- Rotted Wood. Some houses and/or foundations are made of wood. If the gutter is not properly taken care of, the build-up will cause wood to rot.
- Cracks in foundation. Same principle as above. Any debris left can create cracks in the foundation.
This fall, don’t let your gutter get the best of you. Stay tuned for Scurich’s tips to clean out your gutter.
Content provided by Transformer Marketing.