Damage can come in all forms including fire and smoke damage, and water damage. If you don’t act immediately, you can be faced with additional expenses to fix that damage. We have compiled a list of tips you can enact when facing such damage. Today we are going to focus fire and smoke damage.
- Call a professional. Some by-products can cause etching which is irreversible fairly quickly.
- Do not touch anything that has been damaged with your bare hands. Your hands carry oil which can cause additional damage.
- Open up the house and air out any smoke damage, if the outside temperature is warm.
- Do not wash any of the walls that have smoke/fire damage. The wrong cleaning component can cause more damage.
- Clean off your Formica, chrome, porcelain or aluminum fixtures to prevent permanent tarnishing.
- Call a professional to clean up any upholstered furniture and carpets. Don’t clean them yourself.
- Keep away from anything and everything electronic until they have been checked out by and cleared by a professional.
- Replace your air filter on your furnace if you use forced air.
- If your ceiling is wet, do not use any of the fixtures.
- Throw away all food packages that have been opened.
- Any clothing that has been tarnished, send to a professional for cleaning.
- Clean out the refrigerator and keep the doors open, if the electricity is off.
For more information, please feel to contact our office.
Content provided by Transformer Marketing.